Monday, January 19, 2009

The Belly so Far

I am just going to speed you all up on the last 16 weeks or so of our lives!
We found out on Oct. 30th that we were expecting a little baby! Around that time I was approx 6 weeks pregnant. Of course we were thrilled! I had my first doctors appt in my 8th week, during the apt, the doctor did normal exams and determined that the due date would be July 4th, 2009! We got to hear the heartbeat at this apt, David was there too, it was really exciting! At 10 weeks I fell down our stairs so I had an impromptu apt, just to check everything out, I again heard the heartbeat and felt very relieved, no matter how sore I was. At 12 weeks we had our first ultrasound, it was for genetic testing. The testing went well it seems that we don't have anything to worry about in that department. The greatest thing we saw at the ultrasound was TWO BABIES! As soon as we saw them we were in shock! It was so neat to see them, they had big heads, and they both had their left hands up by their face! Wonder if they are going to take after their mom my?! As soon as our appt was over we called our families to tell them the news. We got great responses such as, "Oh shit the bed", "David needs to find a job in Texas right now", Oh well that means I get one", "Has David picked himself up off the floor yet?" and "I thought she looked a little big at 10 weeks". A day later we were able to tell Grandma Many and the rest of the family the "twin" news. We got Grandma on video and it was so cool! Check her out in our video postings. She had told me at Thanksgiving she thought I was having twins! How nuts is that? On Christmas we opened gifts at Ernie and Kim's and we had a great time with them. We got a few really cute things for the babies from the Castillo Crew, they were so sweet to think of their new cousins, and niece and or nephew. Since Christmas things have gone well, I have been feeling soo much better as far as nausea is concerned, I have gotten a few headaches here and there, but nothing major. My biggest change has been the sprout of a few and I am sure more to come stretch marks, and then this feeling of my heart beating out of my chest. The doctors says this is normal for pregnancy, it just feels strange inside my body, so it tends to frustrate me a little bit. At my 16 week appt I heard the heartbeat(s). I can only hear one, but the doc says there are two, and that they are beating at similiar rates. I wonder if they are going to be the same sex or not?! Dr Meyer was my doctor at this appointment and he measured my belly at 19 weeks, he says that twin pregnancies usually measure 4 weeks ahead, so my belly is doing pretty good! I was able to schedule our next ultrasound for 20 weeks, we cannot wait to see the babies again! This ultrasound is to check all of their body parts, and make sure their organs are all developing normally. It is a very serious appointment so keep our babies growth and health in your prayers! David is getting more and more into touching my tummy, it is neat that he wants to do this. Sometimes it catches me off guard, him just rubbing on my belly like I am Buddah. I am sure I will get used to it the bigger I get. Yesterday we got a very nice gift from my mom and dad.It is a nice wooden rocking chair. It looks very similar to the one my mom used with me, Becca, and Ben. We like it alot, and we are happy with the wood color, hopefully it won't be too hard to match the cribs to. It is so neat to have our first big item for the babies! Until next time...... Much Love

3 comments:

  1. The blog is looking great Missy! You need to post some belly pics :) Glad that you are feeling better! So exciting that you have your first big nursery item! Looking forward to finding out what you are having...I am guessing one of each :) Love, Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that video of your grandma was classic...I loved her face when she realized what she was looking at!! What a great way to tell her too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to come here and get posted, making sure that you guys are doing well and the babies are healthy. Hey when is your next appointment again? I want to know what the babies are and if they are fraternal or identical. I just might be as excited as you are. I am so very happy for you and David. You better call me when you find out for sure. I'll be waiting on pins and needles.

    ReplyDelete